ANNOUNCING THE SUSTAINABLE CANNABIS PROJECT
OF WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS
The legalization of cannabis production and sales in Massachusetts has created new opportunities and challenges. With federal legislation pending to end federal interference with state legalization, the impending transition from prohibition to normalization will bring exciting opportunities and benefits, to our region and state.
The end of prohibition restores lawful access for consumers to the powerful healing, pain reducing, and restorative qualities of cannabis. However, cannabis cultivation can pose significant environmental impacts: water and pesticides usage, climate change impacts, and odors affecting facility neighbors.
We have a unique opportunity to learn from the early legalization states, and to develop a sustainable cannabis business development strategy for Western Massachusetts.
OUR PROJECT WILL:
1. Showcase best practices and strategies for sustainable cannabis cultivation and product manufacturing.
2. Draft model cannabis zoning requirements for Massachusetts communities consistent with state law and sustainable development goals.
3. Offer fee for services mediation and counsel to develop host agreements with legal assurances that new cannabis businesses will be good neighbors.
4. Foster consumer education on sustainable cultivation and consumption.
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE
1. Share examples of sustainable practices, services and product offerings on our Facebook page.
2. Work with us to create sustainable cannabis living room conversations, events and study groups.
3. Help us develop our model zoning bylaws.
4. Apply for a legal of environmental science internship with our project.
Write to us at WMSCProject@gmail.com