Stay connected with your local cannabis industry.
Each month, MRCC compiles a list of the top 5 cannabis events happening in Massachusetts. These events often provide opportunities to expand your network, access educational seminars, workshops, recreational gatherings, and festivals in Massachusetts. Scroll down to see what's in store for this month.
1. MassLive Cannabis Insider Live
WEDNESDAY May 1, 2019 @ 10:00am
321 Main Street
Cost: $0 - $79
Join us May 1 as MassLive dives deep into the issues and stories at the forefront of the Massachusetts cannabis industry.
High caliber speakers and engaging panel discussion topics including:
- State of the Industry
- Local/Municipal Panel
- Business Update
- Eric Martin, former New England Patriot and member of 2015 Super Bowl championship team
- Michael Kahn, President & Founder, MCR Labs
- Scott Churchill, Director, Methodology and Compliance, MCR Labs
- Kamani Jefferson, State and Municipal Lobbyist, MA Recreational Consumer Council (MRCC)
- Tito Jackson, CEO Verdant Medical and Former Boston City Councilor
- Barry Lefkowitz and Carol Gabel, MGR2
- Michael Kusek, Publisher, Different Leaf
- Jeremy Casey, VP of Commercial Real Estate, SR Commercial Realty
- Dick Evans, ESQ, Partner, EvansCutler Attorneys
Please note, tickets are non-refundable but may be transferred to another attendee up to 3 days in advance of the event. Contact email@example.com for assistance in transferring.
2. MRCC Monthly Webinar: Planning Boards & Zoning Boards of Appeals
THURSDAY May 2, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Interested in getting a Cannabis license? Are you familiar with navigating municipalities? Join us May 2nd at 7 PM for Webinar 6: Planning Boards & Zoning Board of Appeals.
Every applicant must comply with local codes, ordinances, and bylaws.
Massachusetts is a home rule state and a vast majority of land use decisions are made at the local level.
There are many laws, rules and regulations around planning and zoning that have a relationship to local land use issues in the Cannabis industry.
Local Politics is one of the biggest barriers to enter the Cannabis space in Massachusetts. MRCC want's to ensure applicants and consumers understand the regulations.
Join us May 2nd at 7 PM for Webinar 6: Planning Boards & Zoning Board of Appeals.
Get access to webinars & member mixers by becoming a $10 member at www.Patreon.com/MRCC_Access.
3. Cannabiz Forum
THURSDAY May 9, 2019 @ 10:00am-1:00pm
DoubleTree Hotel Milford
11 Beaver St., Milford MA
Want to learn about how your business fits into
the growing Cannabis Industry?
Join us on May 9th from 10 am - 1pm for an interactive and informative CannaBIZ Forum featuring knowledgeable panelists who will help you to navigate this new niche opportunity.
- The Emerging Cannabis Industry from a Regulatory Perspective - Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow
- CannaBIZ Opportunities - Doing Business With. Starting a Business.
- Do you have an idea for a Cannabis product, but don't know how to get started?
Your ticket gets you a seat at the CannaBIZ Forum and lunch! RESERVE YOUR SEAT TODAY!
Sponsorship Opportunities Available!
Reserve a Vendor Table so others can learn about your business!
4. SAVE THE DATE: Show up to the Cannabis Control Commission Public Meetings!
THURSDAY May 16 & 30 @ 1:00pm
Check the CCC Website for meeting locations.
If you've ever complained about big businesses gobbling up the cannabis industry, or a lack of people of color and women in leadership positions, or that the criminal expungement process is too slow, or the costs of recreational weed & taxes being too high--it's time to SHOW UP! As a citizen and a constituent, you are entitled to make your voice heard and speak your grievances directly to the Cannabis Control Commission. Tell them WHAT kind of industry you want and HOW you want them to create it. The Commission meets regularly in public locations throughout Boston. It's never too late to come in person and advocate for yourself!
As always, if you can't make the meeting you can catch our Facebook Livestream! Follow us there for more updates.
5. CBD Sound Bath with Tara Atwood
SUNDAY May 19, 2019 @ 12:30pm-2:00pm
Troy City Wellness CBD Oil Marketplace
222 East Main Street Fall River, MA
Reduce S T R E S S, P A I N and R E L A X with this unique CBD Meditation and Sound Bath Experience with International Sound Therapist, Tara Atwood.
This CBD Meditation + Sound Bath workshop is designed to teach attendees about how cannabis, specifically its CBD component, can be used to help reduce anxiety, promote a sense of calm, and prepare the mind and body for a meaningful sound bath meditation session. This event will consist of a 15-minute presentation with free CBD samples, followed by a Sound Bath Meditation led by Tara Atwood. Attendees will have the opportunity to sample CBD during this relaxing experience.
Contact the Cannabis Control Commission.