Stay connected with your local cannabis industry.
Each month, MRCC compiles a list of the top 5 cannabis events happening in Massachusetts. These events often provide opportunities to expand your network, access educational seminars, workshops, recreational gatherings, and festivals in Massachusetts. Scroll down to see what's in store for this month.
1. Vape and Mirrors
THURSDAY April 4, 2019 @ 6:00-8:00PM
Zazil Media Group at WeWork
1 Beacon Street, 15th Fl
Boston, MA 02108
The Cannabis industry in Massachusetts has several social justice/equity initiatives that our experts will be addressing during this exclusive PRSA Boston Panel. The panel and Q&A will be moderated by Jess Bartlett, cannabis and craft beer beat journalist, Boston Business Journal.
Subject Expert Panelists include:
- Shawn Collins, Executive Director of the Cannabis Control Commission;
- Kamani Jefferson, Lobbyist/President, Massachusetts Recreational Consumer Council;
- Francy Wade, Chatterbox Communications, spokesperson for Cultivate & Sira Naturals; and
- Rob Toof, Co-Founder, Altatude Beverage Company.
The program will also provide for a $5 donation per ticket to the Massachusetts Patient Advocacy Alliance.
In addition to the awesome panel, light appetizers, soda, beer and wine are included with the price of your ticket. Plus, Altatude Beverage Company will serve samples of a non-infused custom-made cherry/pineapple beverage.
2. JCW Presents Hemp-Derived CBD: Just the Facts
MONDAY, April 1, 2019 @ 6:30-7:30PM
Johnson Compounding and Wellness
577 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02452
Hemp-derived cannabidiol, or CBD, has been receiving a lot of attention for its benefits on human health. Hemp CBD supplements are even being recognized amongst the medical community as a key supplement to improve quality of life. However, even with its growing popularity, some still are not entirely familiar with it, and even hesitant to approach the subject. What is hemp CBD and what exactly is there to know? Join us for this informative lecture given by National Educator, Miles Sarill, where you will:
- Learn about the discovery of CBD, its natural sources, including the differences between agricultural hemp and high-THC cannabis plants
- Discover how CBD interacts with the body via the human endocannabinoid system (ECS), and how it is related to overall wellbeing
- Learn why hemp is the eco-friendliest way to balance the endocannabinoid system
- Determine why hemp-derived CBD may be the best option for your health
Call 781-893-3870 ext. 3 with questions.
3. SAVE THE DATE: Show up to the Cannabis Control Commission Public Meetings!
THURSDAY, APRIL 04 & APRIL 25, 2019 @ 1:00-3:00PM
Check the CCC Website for meeting locations.
If you've ever complained about big businesses gobbling up the cannabis industry, or a lack of people of color and women in leadership positions, or that the criminal expungement process is too slow, or the costs of recreational weed & taxes being too high--it's time to SHOW UP! As a citizen and a constituent, you are entitled to make your voice heard and speak your grievances directly to the Cannabis Control Commission. Tell them WHAT kind of industry you want and HOW you want them to create it. The Commission meets regularly in public locations throughout Boston. It's never too late to come in person and advocate for yourself!
As always, if you can't make the meeting you can catch our Facebook Livestream! Follow us there for more updates.
4. CBD, Its Use in Wellness
MONDAY, APRIL 08, 2019 @ 7:00-8:30PM
Debra's Natural Gourmet
98 Commonwealth Avenue
Concord, MA 01742
Passionate about natural wellness from a young age, Miles has always been fascinated by herbalism. He received his Master's in Experimental Medicine from McGill University, and now speaks about the use of cannabinoids in wellness.
Limited to 60 lucky people. Hemp-derived cannabidiol, or CBD, is being recognized as a key supplement to improve quality of life. So what is hemp CBD, and what exactly is there to know? Come learn about the discovery of CBD, its natural sources, including the differences between agricultural hemp and high-THC cannabis plants. Discover how CBD interacts with the body, learn why hemp is the eco-friendliest way to balance the endocannabinoid system.
5. 4:20 BRUNCH: The 2nd Annual Networking Wave Designed for Creatives & Stoners
SATURDAY, APRIL 20, 2019 @ 3:00-8:00PM
Address TBA; Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
The Friends Lifestyle Group Presents their second 4:20 Wave, the Networking Wave designed for creatives & stoners.
- Brunch Menu French Toast, Bacon pancakes, Scallops wrapped in Bacon, Salt Fish & Baked & Scrambled Eggs
- Private luxurious location (Fenway Area)
- Caribbean Drinks
- Live DJs
- Live Artist
- Tattoo Artist
- Clothing Designers/Lines
- Artist Managers
- Stoner Movies via Projector
- Cannabis Presentation by Mass Bay Cannabis
Address disclosed via Eventbrite 1 day prior to event.
BONUS: Western MA Industry Mixer
WEDNESDAY April 6, 2019 @ 6:00-8:30PM
8 Railroad Street
Hadley, MA 01035
Come out for a fun and productive night of networking, noshing and gaming with ELEVATE Northeast at Quarters! Guests will enjoy a variety of tasty snacks while connecting with cannabis industry professionals, patients, advocates and businesses from Western Massachusetts, Vermont, New York and Connecticut, to name a few! Don't miss this fun night out to kick of spring with like-minded people! More details coming soon. Get your early bird ticket to save!
Contact the Cannabis Control Commission.